A Pakistani man has faced court accused of raping a female stranger after breaking into her home in the small town of Mount Pleasant in South Australia.
Nabeel Qaisir appeared via videolink in Adelaide Magistrates Court with his head wrapped in bloody bandages on Thursday where he did not apply for bail and was remanded in custody until his next hearing in October.
The 27-year-old, who lives in Salisbury in Adelaide’s north, is yet to enter pleas to five counts of rape and one count of aggravated serious criminal trespass over the alleged attack at 3am on Wednesday, The Advertiser and 10 News reported.
Qaisir is accused of breaking into the alleged victim’s home and sexually assaulting her “without her consent to engaging in sexual intercourse, knowing or being recklessly indifferent to the fact she was not so consenting”.
South Australia Police, which previously described Qaisir as being of Middle Eastern appearance, are asking anyone who saw or interacted with him in the 24 hours before the alleged attack to come forward.
The victim did not know her alleged attacker, and investigators believe the alleged rape was an isolated incident and said no other suspects are being sought.
Footage obtained by 7News shows officers running through the town, which has a population of about 600 people, to arrest the man at the Mt Pleasant Bakery & Cafe, where workers said he asked about a job that was advertised on a sign in the window.
Header image: Left right, Nabeel Qaisir (Instagram).























