A father-of-two has been jailed for more than three years for possessing and distributing “extreme right-wing” music from his home in Hereford, England.
Chicken factory worker Norbert Gyurcsik, a Hungarian national who has lived in the UK for more than two decades, was sentenced to 40 months jail at Worcester Crown Court on Thursday by Judge Jonathan Lockhart, who described him as an “ardent racist” who ran a “hub of hate”.
Gyurcsik, 48, was arrested in May last year after officers from the West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit raided his home and found 2,000 records he was buying and selling across the UK and Europe.
He then pleaded guilty in October to two counts of distributing, showing or playing a recording containing content which was threatening, abusive or insulting with intent to stir up racial hatred, and one count of possessing racially inflammatory material, according to the Ledbury Reporter.
The court heard Gyurcsik made £200,000 selling the music between September 2020 and May 9, 2024, and Judge Lockhart ordered a financial investigation, saying: “This man was making vast sums of money from this material.”
“It’s plain to this court that you intended by your actions to stir up racial hatred,” Judge Lockhart told Gyurcsik in sentencing, and compared him to a war criminal hiding behind a “façade of legitimacy”.
“Offending of this nature has the most serious consequence on society as a whole.”
West Mercia Police on Friday described the music Gyurcsik was charged over as “extreme right-wing”, and said he was arrested during an investigation into whether lyrics on the albums breached terrorism legislation.
The case comes amid growing concern about Britain’s two-tier justice system that has seen right-wing political dissidents sentenced to years in jail for stickers and Facebook posts while paedophiles walk free, and over its arrests of more people for social media posts than any other country.
Earlier this month mother-of-four Elizabeth Kinney was convicted of a hate crime for sending a text message calling a man who beat her up a “faggot”, while her attacker was never prosecuted, a case later highlighted by Tucker Carlson while criticising the UK’s “hate speech” laws.
And on Friday it was revealed that an IT consultant from Yorkshire was subjected to a 13-month ordeal and had his phone and computers seized after being charged for posting pictures of himself posing with guns during a trip to the US on LinkedIn.
Elon Musk, who has spoken out regularly about free speech violations in Britain, responded to the story on X by saying: “And this is why we have the first and second amendments in America.”
Header image: Norbert Gyurcsik (West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit).
























